Thanks to: Michael Schloh von Bennewitz and Matthias Kurz for their
unwavering support.  Michael mentioned something about openpkg being
perl based and *wham* I recalled perl's permission.

One of the program/software I installed and ran on the server changed
permission of /openpkg/bin/perl to 4555 I changed it back to 755 and
everything starts to compile like normal again.

# ls -al perl
-r-sr-xr-x   1 openpkg  openpkg   858896 Feb 18 19:07 perl
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
/openpkg/bin# chmod 755 perl
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
/openpkg/bin# ls -al perl
-rwxr-xr-x   1 openpkg  openpkg   858896 Feb 18 19:07 perl

The effect of wrong perl permission is weird UID/GID created during
compilation, and the file "files" not being created properly.

Regards,

- Mike