On Sat, Jul 24, 2004 at 08:59:01AM +0200, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:

> That's a known bug in the "openpkg build" command (see
> http://cvs.openpkg.org/getfile/openpkg-tools/TODO for a
> list of known issues). It works fine for CURRENT, but when
> updating a RELEASE it always thinks that the "openpkg"
> package has to be recompiled.

This is caused by the openpkg package that provides an additional
current version. After installing openpkg-2.1 and the tools I get:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] openpkg rpm --provides -qa
OpenPKG
openpkg = 20040712-20040712
openpkg = 2.1.0-2.1.0
gpg(OpenPKG <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) = 4:807593e063c4cb9f-3c591eda
gpg(63c4cb9f) = 4:807593e063c4cb9f-3c591eda
openpkg-tools = 0.8.15-2.1.0

The build tool then tries to update openpkg-20040712-20040712 to the
one described in the index.

Either the bogus version information has to be removed from
database or the build tool needs to have some idea how to
detect and handle packages that appear more than once in
the database. Note that there is no real package behind
that entry in the database, it is just a Provides: value.

Greetings,
--
                                Michael van Elst
Internet: [EMAIL PROTECTED]