With your latest SPEC from CVS, it still didn't works ;(

checking for ftello... yes
checking for sigblock... yes
checking for sigsetjmp... yes
checking for signal... yes
checking for symlink... yes
checking for access... yes
checking for isatty... yes
checking for struct utimbuf... yes
checking for socklen_t... socklen_t
checking for working fnmatch.h... yes
checking for nanosleep... yes
checking for clock_gettime... yes
checking for gethostbyname... yes
checking for inet_ntoa... yes
checking for socket in -lsocket... no
checking for getopt_long... no
checking for dlopen in -ldl... yes
checking for shl_load in -ldl... no
configure: looking for SSL libraries in /QOpenSys/openpkg
checking for includes... not found
configure: error: failed to find OpenSSL libraries
error: Bad exit status from /QOpenSys/openpkg/RPM/TMP/rpm-tmp.15050 (%build)

RPM build errors:
    Bad exit status from /QOpenSys/openpkg/RPM/TMP/rpm-tmp.15050 (%build)

Anything I can do to help ?