Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:
On Tue, Jul 26, 2005, Bill Campbell wrote:

On Tue, Jul 26, 2005, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:

On Mon, Jul 25, 2005, Henri Gomez wrote:

config.log attached :
[...]

| configure:25712: result: no
| configure:25735: looking for SSL libraries in /QOpenSys/openpkg
| configure:25742: checking for includes
| configure:25756: /bin/sh ./libtool /QOpenSys/openpkg/bin/gcc -c -O2
-I/QOpenSys/openpkg/include -I/QOpenSys/openpkg/include conf
|  /QOpenSys/openpkg/bin/gcc -c -O2 -I/QOpenSys/openpkg/include
-I/QOpenSys/openpkg/include conftest.c  -DPIC -o .libs/conftest.o
| *** Warning: inferring the mode of operation is deprecated.
| *** Future versions of Libtool will require --mode=MODE be specified.
| configure:25762: $? = 0
| configure:25766: test -z
|              || test ! -s conftest.err
| configure:25769: $? = 0
| configure:25772: test -s conftest.o
| configure:25775: $? = 1
| configure: failed program was:
| |
| | #include <openssl/ssl.h>
| | #include <openssl/x509.h>
| | #include <openssl/err.h>
| | #include <openssl/rand.h>
| | #include <openssl/des.h>
| | #include <openssl/md4.h>
| | #include <openssl/md5.h>
| |
| configure:25787: result: not found
| configure:26031: error: failed to find OpenSSL libraries

I would look at the configure file around lines 25787 and 26031 to see what
it's trying to do.

This "result: not found" is strange. I see no problem here. The
<openssl/ssl.h> stuff should just build fine under the above
-I/QOpenSys/openpkg/include. Hmmm... I've no clue, sorry.

Well, I've done this, Bill. The problem is that wget's configure
really just performs a compile test here. The corresponding lines in
configure.in read:

|     AC_COMPILE_IFELSE([
| #include <openssl/ssl.h>
| #include <openssl/x509.h>
| #include <openssl/err.h>
| #include <openssl/rand.h>
| #include <openssl/des.h>
| #include <openssl/md4.h>
| #include <openssl/md5.h>
|     ], [
|       AC_MSG_RESULT(found)
|       ssl_found_includes=yes
|     ], [
|       AC_MSG_RESULT([not found])
|     ])

I still do not see the problem AIX has here...

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                       www.engelschall.com

Ralph - this could be related to the same problem I'm having with tiff. I've compiled and installed jpeg, both with IBM VAC and GCC, but the tiff compile can't find jpeglib.h under /openpkg/include. /openpkg on my system is a symlink to /usr/local - could this be the problem?

Doug