Doug Summers wrote:
Simon J Mudd wrote:

Hello All,

Doug seems to have solved this, though I don't understand how.

I tried to test the method to build and install libiconv and get it to work with gcc.

Steps taken:

- build and install OpenPKG libiconv rpm
- uninstall OpenPKG gcc (as it stops working once libiconv is installed)
- build OpenPKG gcc using the gcc that comes from the OpenPKG rpm (the one that's built with the IBM provided gcc rpm)

>>> snip <<<

Just noticed this...Are you building libiconv THEN gcc? Try building libiconv first using IBM's rpm version of gcc and let me know what happens.

Doug

PS - I didn't get a chance to try this on AIX 5.1 as I had already built way too many packages to start over, but 5.3 does fail. To tell you the truth I'm not sure if I uninstalled OpenPKG's gcc before or after I build the new one linked to libiconv.