Simon J Mudd wrote:
Doug Summers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Steps taken:

- build and install OpenPKG libiconv rpm
- uninstall OpenPKG gcc (as it stops working once libiconv is installed)
- build OpenPKG gcc using the gcc that comes from the OpenPKG rpm
(the one that's built with the IBM provided gcc rpm)

>>> snip <<<

Just noticed this...Are you building libiconv THEN gcc? Try building
libiconv first using IBM's rpm version of gcc and let me know what
happens.

No. I did the following:
- rebuilt OpenPKG gcc (gcc-3.4.4-20050724.src.rpm)
- installed OpenPKG gcc
- rebuilt libiconv (libiconv-1.9.2-2.4.0) [which uses the OpenPKG gcc]
- uninstalled OpenPKG gcc
- try rebuild of OpenPKG gcc using gcc from OpenPKG RPM. [this fails]
I'm now thinking of removing the SYSTEM libiconv.

>>> snip <<<

Try this (clean installation):

1) Build OpenPKG 2.4.1
2) Build make, m4, & libiconv
3) Build gcc

Obviously you'll need IBM's gcc. BTW - what version of gcc are you using to build the initial OpenPKG bootstrap?

Doug