On Wed, Sep 07, 2005, hms wrote:
>Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:
>
>>PS: Have I already mentioned that OpenLDAP for me becomes more and more
>>   a good candidate for the "most favorite package", directly following
>>   the all-dancing-all-singing-and-always-causing-trouble SASL? ;-)
>>   And don't forget to ask Thomas L. about his nice experiences from
>>   last year where he had an OpenLDAP installation which constantly was
>>   segfaulting on a Solaris 9 box...
>>
>>                                      Ralf S. Engelschall
>>

>Hi Ralf,
>
>so I just have chosen your favorite candidates? (SASL and OpenLDAP).
>Maybe there will be soon another candidate for the
>"all-dancing-all-singing-and-always-causing-trouble competition": I will
>also have to get work FreeRadius in this environment ;-).

I have been looking at integrating openldap with horde, imp, turba, and
others in the horde.org system, but am having problems, mostly because I
don't understand openldap well enough to figure out why the turba doc's
recommendations don't work.  Their patches to the core.schema fail, and
have to be applied manually, and the slapd.conf ACLs for turba prevent
slapd from starting.

Bill

``The man who produces while others dispose of his product is a slave.''
   Ayn Rand