On Thu, Jan 12, 2006, Bernhard Reiter wrote:

> Am Mittwoch, 11. Januar 2006 20:01 schrieb Ralf S. Engelschall:

> > > perm=0640
>
> > Hmmm... I see your point and from a paranoid security point of view the
> > file should be not world-readable.
>
> We found out, because accidently some Kolab Server were logging passwords
> which made it a real world critical problem.
> [...]

Sure, logged passwords are a critical issue, but, to be honest, this is
a security problem of the application (passwords should be never logged
anywhere at all) and not caused by the fact that the receiving logfile
is world-readable. Nevertheless we still have the general question what
about world-readable logfiles at all...

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                       www.engelschall.com