Am Donnerstag, 12. Januar 2006 17:57 schrieb Bernhard Reiter:

Hi,

> > Nevertheless we still have the general question what
> > about world-readable logfiles at all...
>
> Also my example shows that different logfiles have different dangers,
> a summary log is not as important or a log from an application that never
> sees important user credentials.

according to some laws in some countries it (e.g. Germany) it is a bad idea to
make any log files world readable. E.g. log files could be abused to spy on
users like working hours etc.

Log files are intended for the responsible administrators of the services not
for the world.

The general rule of thumb is to limit the exposure of any potential personal
data to a minimum. i18n(Grundsatz der Datensparsamkeit)

Regards,
-- martin

--
http://www.erfrakon.com/