On Wed, Apr 05, 2006, skaar wrote:

> > BTW, I've already the necessary changes (building "miniperl" and
> > OpenSSL) to the bootstrap in my queue to add HTTPS support to cURL (the
> > one in the bootstrap package, not the standalone package). I'm planning
> > to commit this soon, so CURRENT will soon have HTTPS support in cURL and
> > OpenPKG 2.6 then will have it, too. For OpenPKG 2.5 we cannot do it as
> > the changes are too large to be MFC'ed.
>
> will openpkg-tools use the miniperl you are talking about here? Right
> now my nodes require the installation of perl prior to installing
> openpkg-tools so that the node can install binary packages with openpkg
> build -B.

Yes, my plan (for OpenPKG 2.6) is to add miniperl to the bootstrap
package ("openpkg") for being able to build OpenSSL (which in turn then
allows HTTPS support for the bundled cURL) and for adding and being able
to execute "openpkg build" (which in will be then also bundled with the
"openpkg" package instead of "openpkg-tools").

The problem currently is that with the OpenPKG Registry some things
got broken and the "get started" curve of OpenPKG is too high. My
allowing one to more easily startup directly from the bootstrap package
I hope to lower this. Additionally, with the HTTPS support things like
command-line all-in-one instance registration of an instance (where the
password wouldbe required for login at registry.openpkg.org) becomes
possibe, too.

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]