On Sun, Jul 02, 2006, Thomas Lotterer wrote:
>> It looks like openpkg-import is not included in the 2.20060628 branch.
>>
>The package was omitted by intention. The openpkg-import package is only little
>more than an idea. In fact it breaks the fundamental concept of OpenPKG being
>self-contained and almost independent from the operating system. Some OpenPKG
>purists may want to create a new package class CRAP or even EVIL for it :-)
>Well, exceptions and relaxed rules introduced by practical use cases protect
>the package from obliteration ...

While I understand the motives for eliminating this, it does serve a useful
purpose, much like the x11 package.

I could argue that this doesn't violate the OpenPKG philosophy of minimal
changes to the underlying OS as it isn't changing anything, just saying to
use the the OS version of something.

Bill

``The end move in politics is always to pick up a gun.''
        -- Buckminster Fuller