On Sun, Oct 29, 2006, Vinod Kutty wrote:

> skaar <skaar <at> waste.org> writes:
>
> >The OpenPKG subversion spec file has at least build support for
> >python/ruby bindings, although at this point they only build, but will
> >not work. Likewise, it's not currently possible to produce a working
> >web_dav_svn.so for use with Apache2.
> >
> >In the past there has been a couple of postings from people who has
> >built the entire subversion package as shared, but this pretty much
> >breaks with the general philosophy of OpenPKG.
> >
> >What seems to be the best approach is to build both the language
> >binding libraries and web_dav_svn/authz as shared objects, with
> >libraries and objects they depend on statically linked in.
> >
> >I've had this on my list to do for a while, but not had time to look at
> >it. It's not straight forward how to get the subversion build to do
> >this mixed shared and static compile.
> >
> >Anyone else on the list had a look at doing this? Among other things,
> >we could get Trac added to OpenPKG if we solved this.
> >
> >regards
> >/skaar
>
> I just spent the last 2 days re-familiarizing myself with openpkg just so
> I could get trac + subversion 1.4.0 installed with
> apache2+mod_dav_svn+openssl.
>
> Is this thread from 7th/11th June 2006 still relevant? How can I go about
> accomplishing the above? I see one response suggesting it might be doable.
>
> I'm using openpkg-2.20061018 on Solaris 8/SPARC.

AFAIK until now nobody has investigated on how to get mod_dav_svn.so
building in the "subversion" package. Feel free to come up with a
"with_dav" build-time option which provides this functionality in a
portable way.

But in practice you usually don't need mod_dav_svn.so: for commit access
via svn://<hostname> one can just run the plain "svnserve" (which is
supported out-of-the-box by the "subversion" package) and for Web
browsing via http://<hostname> one can install "cvstrac" (the cool
application you see running under cvs.openpkg.org, too) which also just
fine supports Subversion repositories (actually it works with Subversion
even better as with CVS due to the global revisions in Subversion ;-)

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                       www.engelschall.com