On Tue, Jun 05, 2007, Olivier Kaloudoff wrote:

>  Virtual package gcc needed gcc g++ and i686-apple-darwin8-g++-4.0.1
>  i686-apple-darwin8-gcc-4.0.1 linked to /openpkg/bin

Are the i686-apple-darwin8-g??-4.0.1 symlinks really required? All
OpenPKG packages AFAIK search just for "gcc" and "g++" but never for
those other variants.

>  [...]
>  Tried to install binutils, fails with the following;
>
>  http://www.kalou.net/openpkg/openpkg-build-binutils-failed.20070604.txt

Ah, ok. I see. Some incompatibilities with the system headers. This is
usually easy to workaround, but unfortunately not blindly without system
access. One has to find the defintions in /usr/include and then apply a
workaround. If I would have temporary access to a Mac OS X box I can try
to fix this. Without it would require many many turnarounds.

> > 2. The replacement method:
> >
> >   In case approach (1) fails, you can try to replace the "binutils"
> >   and "gcc" packages with virtual packages containing symlinks to the
> >   system commands. For this install OpenPKG package "openpkg-import"
> >   with options "with_binutils=yes" and perhaps even "with_gcc=yes" set.
>
>  Hmmm. Just installed openpkg-import
>  ( openpkg build openpkg-import -Dwith_gcc=yes -Dwith_binutils=yes | sh )
>  tried with space between -D and with, same result.

No, the syntax is:

$ openpkg build -Dwith_gcc=yes -Dwith_binutils=yes openpkg-import | sh

It is a standard Unix-style command where all(!) options have to be before
non-option arguments.

>  but this package seems to have no file .. don't understand how it
>  should behave .. did I miss something ? when I retry build nagios | sh
>  after installing openpkg-import, it triggers the build of binutils
>  once more ..

It contains the files once the options are correctly passed.

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                       www.engelschall.com

OpenPKG                                             http://openpkg.org