openpkg-users-ow...@openpkg.org wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 05, 2009, Wilson Jason wrote:
>
>> [...]
>> Now, gcc doesn't like this and the Squid configure scripts changes
>> this to '-m64'.
>>
>> Unfortunately gcc doesn't support 64bit builds and any compile
>> returns an error about multilib not being supported, because it
>> isn't.
>
> Why does your GCC not support -m64 on your 64-bit platform?

Am using the default build of gcc on Solaris 10 from openpkg.

Checking on the source for the 'latest' version I see:
openpkg rpm -qip
rsync.openpkg.org/current/SRC/CORE/gcc-4.2.4-20080521.src.rpm
Name:     gcc                       Source RPM:   (none)
Version:  4.2.4                     Signature:
md5:84d4f944e7d9f29decd6a9a8bca21e87
Release:  20080521                  Build Host:   rm0.openpkg.net
Group:    Compiler                  Build System: ix86-freebsd6.2
Class:    CORE                      Build Time:   Thu May 22 05:17:09
2008
Distrib:  OpenPKG Community         Install Time: (not installed)
License:  GPL                       Install Size: 44039998 bytes
Packager: OpenPKG Foundation e.V.   Relocations:  (not relocateable)
Vendor:   Free Software Foundation
    The GNU Compiler Collection (GCC) provides a standard conforming and
    highly portable ISO C and ISO C++ compiler.
Provides:
    gcc::with_binutils = yes
    gcc::with_cxx = yes
    gcc::with_objc = no
    gcc::with_java = no
    gcc::with_fortran = no
    gcc::with_optimize = yes
    gcc::with_profile = no
    gcc::with_threads = yes
    gcc::with_multilib = no

multilib is disabled by default. Rebuilding now with multilib explicitly
enabled and will report how it goes.

> PS: For some old hints about OpenPKG and 64 bit see also:
>    http://marc.info/?l=openpkg-users&m=116072933928495&w=2

Had seen this before, the main bit I missed was in 'Fact #1' saying that
it supports both 32 and 64 bit - just not built this way by default.

Thanks for the help.

Jason

The information in this email together with any attachments is
and/or publication of this email message is prohibited, unless
as a necessary part of Departmental business.
computer system network.

OpenPKG                                             http://openpkg.org