Wilson Jason wrote:
> multilib is disabled by default. Rebuilding now with multilib
> explicitly enabled and will report how it goes.

Building of gcc went fine - now have multilib support.

Unfortunately having problems with squid still.

When squid is running its configure scripts it is doing compile time
tests with a command like:
  gcc -m64 conftest.c -lfsl

The problem is that the libfsl.a library is only 32 bit (or so I
presume) as I get errors like:
/secomon/openpkg-3/bin/ld: skipping incompatible
/secomon/openpkg/lib/libfsl.a when searching for -lfsl

I have rebuilt fsl with the new gcc, but doesn't help with the problem -
as it defaults to 32bit of course.

Do I need to build the whole openpkg system with 64bit support defined
for everything, like this article you linked previously talks about?
>>    http://marc.info/?l=openpkg-users&m=116072933928495&w=2

If so, this is probably more effort then I am prepared to do just to get
the largefile support in squid when I have a workable 'hack' to do it
with 32bit compiling.

Jason

The information in this email together with any attachments is
and/or publication of this email message is prohibited, unless
as a necessary part of Departmental business.
computer system network.

OpenPKG                                             http://openpkg.org