On Mon, Feb 09, 2009, Wilson Jason wrote:

> Wilson Jason wrote:
> > multilib is disabled by default. Rebuilding now with multilib
> > explicitly enabled and will report how it goes.
>
> Building of gcc went fine - now have multilib support.
>
> Unfortunately having problems with squid still.
>
> When squid is running its configure scripts it is doing compile time
> tests with a command like:
>   gcc -m64 conftest.c -lfsl
>
> The problem is that the libfsl.a library is only 32 bit (or so I
> presume) as I get errors like:
> /secomon/openpkg-3/bin/ld: skipping incompatible
> /secomon/openpkg/lib/libfsl.a when searching for -lfsl
>
> I have rebuilt fsl with the new gcc, but doesn't help with the problem -
> as it defaults to 32bit of course.
>
> Do I need to build the whole openpkg system with 64bit support defined
> for everything, like this article you linked previously talks about?
> >>    http://marc.info/?l=openpkg-users&m=116072933928495&w=2
>
> If so, this is probably more effort then I am prepared to do just to get
> the largefile support in squid when I have a workable 'hack' to do it
> with 32bit compiling.

The problem is that you cannot mix 32 and 64 objects. If you run
OpenPKG's GCC in 64 bit mode you really have to build the _complete_
OpenPKG instance in 64 bit mode. Linking in old libraries (which are
still built 32 bit) doesn't work. Sorry, this is a restriction of the
platform and cannot be changed by OpenPKG.

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       r...@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com

OpenPKG                                             http://openpkg.org