--On Tuesday, April 25, 2006 09:10:47 -0700 Justin Karneges <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

card.c:376:sc_create_file: returning with: Incorrect parameters in APDU
Failed to create PKCS #15 meta structure: Incorrect parameters in APDU

Hmmmmm.

you can't pkcs15-init -C more than once.
if pkcs15-init -E worked on this card, you could do that first, but if your card is anything like mine, there's a pin protecting DELETE on objects in the MF (this card supports list files, and fetching acls (use the 'info' command) in opensc-explorer, so you can verify this)
This seems to be a good indication that opensc did play a part in the
initialization, since the token label is set to "OpenSC Card".  However,
the  token manufacturer and token model have terrible values.  Can I set
these  somehow?
the opensc tools only let you set them at token initialization time.

Do I really have a pin?  I wasn't even prompted for it when I imported
the  cert.
You do not have a pin. pkcs15-init -P creates pin objects.

I also wonder if my card was already initialized when I received it.  The
packaging had an SO PIN and User PIN on a sticker, but I haven't used
those  yet.
the siemens application is not pkcs15 compatible. These pins are for that app (which is in 3F00:3000 or something like that and was already partially initialized, unlike the ITSEC-P's app).

cardos has "local" (DF specific) pins, so the default pins and the opensc pins will not interfere with each other.