On 5/9/07, Ph. Marek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> That would be very good! If there's something I can help you with (eg.
> testing), just ask -- I'll try to reserve some time for you.

That's great!

> Do you have any implementation concepts/ideas? Or do you want start them here?

Yes... Some thoughts:

1. The daemon will expose PKCS#11 interface as protected
authentication path, so that applications will not require to set PIN.
This will allow PKCS#11 single sign-on throughout several
applications.

2. Minimal and secure client side implementation, so that the client
will not cause security issues in client process.

3. Implement (1) using unix sockets.

4. Have an option to work using TCP/TLS, have now idea how to
authenticate client to server yet.

5. Allow the server to load several providers, but still expose them
as one provider to the client, this will allow applications that
support only one provider to work with more than one provider.

This will be implemented as different slot names.

6. Haven't thoughts about slot events yet, don't know if I want to
support these in first version.

Alon.