On Sun, Sep 16, 2007 at 06:21:36PM +0200, Ludovic Rousseau wrote:
> 2007/9/16, Gergely CZUCZY <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > And i've got this version of libusb:
> > libusb-0.1.12_1     Library giving userland programs access to USB devices
> > (_1 is a packaging-specific version number)
>
> Can you try "testlibusb -v" then?
> I don't think the command will be installed since it is for testing/demo only.
strange. there's absolutely no output, where as the source
shows there should be. I've got 3 sticks (two smartcards, 1 flash drive)
plugged into my lappy, it looks like a christmas tree, and testlibusb
shows absolutely nothing.

I've retried to run your parse-thingie, but that also
showed nothing again.

quite strange.
I've modified the main() function like this:
--- chop here ---
  for (bus = usb_busses; bus; bus = bus->next) {
    printf("bus->root_dev: %p\n", bus->root_dev);
    if (bus->root_dev && !verbose) {
      print_device(bus->root_dev, 0);
    } else {
      struct usb_device *dev;

      printf("bus->devices: %p\n", bus->devices);
      for (dev = bus->devices; dev; dev = dev->next) {
        print_device(dev, 0);
      }
    }
  }
--- chop here ---

and it outputs this:
bus->root_dev: 0x0
bus->devices: 0x0
bus->root_dev: 0x0
bus->devices: 0x0
bus->root_dev: 0x0
bus->devices: 0x0
bus->root_dev: 0x0
bus->devices: 0x0
bus->root_dev: 0x0
bus->devices: 0x0

which somehow seems right, usbdevs shows 5 hubs, when nothing is attached:
addr 1: UHCI root hub, Intel
addr 1: UHCI root hub, Intel
addr 1: UHCI root hub, Intel
addr 1: UHCI root hub, Intel
addr 1: EHCI root hub, Intel

but when i attach something, usbdevs shows it, but testlibusb fails to
cascade into the hubs, still just nullpointers.

Sincerely,

Gergely Czuczy
mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

--
Weenies test. Geniuses solve problems that arise.