On 2/27/08, Douglas E. Engert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am trying to build the off the SVN source using msys and mingw and
>  have some questions.

Thanks for trying!

>  I need OpenSSL and Zlib and ltdl (until you change the code) and would
>  like to use the versions that were built for Windows by others
>  and work with OpenSC using Makefile.mak and Visual Studio.
>
>  zlib123-dll was downloaded, and it has in its lib directory:
>    zdlib.exp, zdll.lib, zlib.def
>
>  OpenSSL has in its lib directory:
>    libeay32.lib, ssleay32.lib

You cannot use Microsoft .lib format with mingw.
You can use the .dll as libs, but for this I have to test a specific
configuration.
To make all easier, build the dependencies using mingw as well.

BTW: Why do you need zlib? Maybe first succeed without this and then try to add?

>  I  had to touch the packaged file, as it would not configure
>  without it. I am using svn from unix and using AFS to share
>  the filesystem with Windows.

If you build from svn you need some more dependencies,
Install xsltproc, wget, svn somewhere and configure with --disable-doc.
Or checkout the whole thing on Linux and run ./configure && make dist,
transfer the output to the mingw environment, or download this from [1].
I use mingw as a cross compile so I don't have to use msys.

Thanks!
Alon.

[1] http://alon.barlev.googlepages.com/opensc-0.11.4-svn.tar.gz