Alon Bar-Lev wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I've been working on a new build system for OpenSC.
>
> Win32 binaries are available at [1], source tarball is available at [2], svn
> trunk at [3].
>
> Please provide feedback or review branch [4], so I can request merge.

I am trying to build the off the SVN source using msys and mingw and
have some questions.

I need OpenSSL and Zlib and ltdl (until you change the code) and would
like to use the versions that were built for Windows by others
and work with OpenSC using Makefile.mak and Visual Studio.

zlib123-dll was downloaded, and it has in its lib directory:
   zdlib.exp, zdll.lib, zlib.def

OpenSSL has in its lib directory:
   libeay32.lib, ssleay32.lib

It is not clear how the libtool with OpenSC will handle these libs.
Should I be using something like
    /c/../libeay32.lib
or -L/c/...  -llibeay32
or -L/c/...  -leay32.lib

Configure with :
touch packaged

LTLIB_CFLAGS="-I/d/opt/OpenSC/GnuWin32/include"
LTLIB_LIBS="-L/d/opt/OpenSC/GnuWin32/lib -lltdl"
export LTLIB_CFLAGS
export LTLIB_LIBS

OPENSSL_CFLAGS="-I/x/appl/OpenSSL-0.9.8d/win32/include"
OPENSSL_LIBS="-L/x/appl/OpenSSL-0.9.8d/win32/lib -leay32.lib"
export OPENSSL_CFLAGS
export OPENSSL_LIBS

ZLIB_CFLAGS="-I/c/opt/zlib123-dll/include"
ZLIB_LIBS="/c/opt/zlib123-dll/lib/zdll.lib"
export ZLIB_CFLAGS
export ZLIB_LIBS

./configure \
         --enable-zlib=yes \
         --enable-openssl=yes \
         --enable-pcsc=yes

Outputs:

checking for OPENSSL... checking for OPENSSL... checking for RSA_version in
-lcrypto... no
[...]
checking ltdl.h usability... yes
checking ltdl.h presence... no
configure: WARNING: ltdl.h: accepted by the compiler, rejected by the
preprocessor!
configure: WARNING: ltdl.h: proceeding with the compiler's result
checking for ltdl.h... yes
checking zlib.h usability... yes
checking zlib.h presence... no
configure: WARNING: zlib.h: accepted by the compiler, rejected by the
preprocessor!
configure: WARNING: zlib.h: proceeding with the compiler's result
checking for zlib.h... yes
[...]
Version:                 0.11.4-svn
User binaries:           /usr/local/bin
Configuration files:     /usr/local/etc
XSL stylesheets:         no

doc support:             no
zlib support:            no
readline support:        no
OpenSSL support:         no
PC/SC support:           yes
OpenCT support:          no
NSPlugin support:        no

Host:                    i686-pc-mingw32
Compiler:                gcc
Preprocessor flags:       -DWIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN
Compiler flags:          -fno-strict-aliasing -g -O2
Linker flags:
Libraries:                /c/opt/zlib123-dll/lib/zdll.lib

LTLIB_CFLAGS:            -I/d/opt/OpenSC/GnuWin32/include
LTLIB_LIBS:              -L/d/opt/OpenSC/GnuWin32/lib -lltdl
READLINE_CFLAGS:
READLINE_LIBS:
ZLIB_CFLAGS:             -I/c/opt/zlib123-dll/include
ZLIB_LIBS:               /c/opt/zlib123-dll/lib/zdll.lib
OPENSSL_CFLAGS:          -I/x/appl/OpenSSL-0.9.8d/win32/include
OPENSSL_LIBS:            -L/x/appl/OpenSSL-0.9.8d/win32/lib -leay32.lib
OPENCT_CFLAGS:
OPENCT_LIBS:
LIBASSUAN_CFLAGS:
LIBASSUAN_LIBS:

Note that the zlib, and openssl have been turned off.

I  had to touch the packaged file, as it would not configure
without it. I am using svn from unix and using AFS to share
the filesystem with Windows.

> After this, I will do the same for other OpenSC packages.
>
> Some highlights:
> 1. Complete rewrite and cleanup of OpenSC build system.
> 2. Build system now support MinGW (Windows) compilation using msys and
> cross compilation.
> 3. Ability to explicitly disable and enable dependencies of the package.
> 4. openct, pcsc and nsplugins features are disabled by default.
> 5. Modified pcsc driver to use pcsc dynamically, no compile time
> dependency is required.
> 6. --enable-pcsc-lite configuration option renamed to --enable-pcsc.
> 7. Install opensc.conf file (as opensc.conf.new if opensc.conf exists).
> 8. Add--enable-doc configuration option, allow installing
> documentation into target.
> 9. Add export files to each library in order to export only required
> symbols. Windows native build may use these files instead of scanning
> objects' symbols.
> 10. Add opensc-tool --info to display some general information about the
> build.
> 11. Create compatibility library to be linked against library instread
> of recompiling the same source files in different places.
> 12. Add different win32 version resource to each class of outputs.
> 13. Make xsl-stylesheets location selectable.
> 14. Some win32 fixups.
> 15. Some warning fixups.
> 16. Many autoconf/automake cleanups.
> 17. xsl-stylesheets is required for svn checkout build.
>
> Best Regards,
> Alon Bar-Lev.
>
> [1] http://alon.barlev.googlepages.com/opensc-trunk-mingw32-002.tar.bz2
> [2] http://alon.barlev.googlepages.com/opensc-0.11.4-svn.tar.gz