Hi, sorry for my late reply.

Andreas, The "current" eGK contains fully crypto functionality such as
decryption and signing. But the card is still in development and this
version will not be identical to the distributed one. Nevertheless
interface modifications may be few.

Alon, how to start openct init script?

Martin, yes I am using a PC/SC reader with Ubuntu but without openct.
Now I installed openct package and get the following output:

$ opensc-tool --reader 0 --name
Unidentified card

$ pkcs15-init --create-pkcs15
Error: can't open /var/run/openct/status: Permission denied
Error: can't open /var/run/openct/status: Permission denied
Error: can't open /var/run/openct/status: Permission denied
Error: can't open /var/run/openct/status: Permission denied
Error: can't open /var/run/openct/status: Permission denied
Error: can't open /var/run/openct/status: Permission denied
Card not present.

$ pkcs15-init --create-pkcs15
[pkcs15-init] pkcs15-lib.c:317:sc_pkcs15init_bind: Unsupported card
driver default
Couldn't bind to the card: Not supported

$ pkcs15-init -E
[pkcs15-init] pkcs15-lib.c:317:sc_pkcs15init_bind: Unsupported card
driver default
Couldn't bind to the card: Not supported

$ opensc-explorer
OpenSC Explorer version 0.11.4
[opensc-explorer] iso7816.c:99:iso7816_check_sw: Incorrect parameters P1-P2
[opensc-explorer] iso7816.c:464:iso7816_select_file: returning with:
Incorrect parameters in APDU
[opensc-explorer] card.c:554:sc_select_file: returning with: Incorrect
parameters in APDU
unable to select MF: Incorrect parameters in APDU

So I understand that an appropriate driver needs to be developed. Any
tips how to start with such? Also on request I could provide an eGK for
development purposes.