Hi Marc,

could you be more specific, what your problem is?

maybe you can debug your code and tell us if
df->file and file differ after the sc_profile_get_file_by_path
call.

getting a file structure from profile data is quite normal
in opensc code as far as I can see, as you need it for every
new file (so you know what the ACL on the file should look like).

so if your code has a problem with that change - which was part
of the new entersafe driver and seems to fix a problem they ran
into, but did not create problems for anyone else as far as I
can see - it would be interesting to see what the problem
exactly is. how do the file and df->file structures differ?

> In the line I have marked the profile loaded is the default of
> opensc(pkcs15.profile) and my files are not in the same place. I don't
> know if this line is very necessary because we had in the past the
> following:

is your "my files are not in the same place" comment related to the
profile files (pkcs15.profile and <yourdriver>.profile, or to your card
profile (for example if you don't implement pkcs15 but some other format)?

as far as I know the profile datastructure in opensc is created
by first loading the generic pkcs15.profile and then the <driver>.profile.
you can
 * specify a different profile using an option.
 * use an option block within pkcs15.profile
 * overwrite every (or only most?) settings from pkcs15.profile in your driver
   profile
 * you can configure in the opensc.conf where the profile directory is.
 * your profile directory could contain a different pkcs15.profile file if
   you plan to keep your version of opensc closed.

but much of the opensc code is hard coded to pkcs15, at least the pkcs15init
directory (as the name suggest). so if you want to modify opensc to create
other files in other places, that might be more changes everywhere.

but I'm neither sure what you exactly want to do, nor what the problem is.
the change you mention makes sure to load the file structure from the profile
data, so it will contain ACL information. what information is lost / different
in your case compared to the old file structure?

you can use gdb to break on that function, and then single step till the file
data is loaded, and use print on file and df->file to see if there are
differences.

good luck!

Regards, Andreas