On Apr 13, 2009, at 1:50 AM, Martin Paljak wrote:

On 13.04.2009, at 2:27, Hugh Cole-Baker wrote:
I had the same error, but got around it by choosing the Deployment (instead of Development) build config. in XCode. I think the build process may not be
building the debug version of tokend.framework correctly.
That's right.

Anyway, I have been trying to add 2048-bit RSA key support to the OpenSC
tokend.
Nice, thanks!

I can see that the keysize is hardcoded to 1024 bit in
OpenSCSchema.cpp at the moment; however I was wondering why
OpenSCKeyRecord::sizeInBits() is hardcoded to return 1048 instead?
Most probably a typo-bug.

--
Martin Paljak
http://martin.paljak.pri.ee

I have attached a patch to add support for different size keys in the tokend, which should work for RSA 2048-bit keys. I removed the hardcoded 1024 values and added an attribute coder for key attributes, which examines the key object to determine the key size. I've tested this with my Cryptoflex card, using a 2048-bit e-mail signing cert issued by Comodo, and a self-signed 1024- bit cert.
Both seem to be working to sign e-mail and for smartcard-based login.
Take a look at the patch and see if there's anything needing correction, or
if it can be integrated into the main source tree.

Many thanks to Martin for providing the files needed to work on and build the
Tokend, since the source code from Apple is apparently unusable.