Hello,

2009/10/2 Martin Paljak <mar...@paljak.pri.ee>:
> Maybe we should try
> working with apple to get libopensc and the tokend to be included in OSX?
>  http://smartcardservices.macosforge.org/ leaves me the impression that
> maybe, just maybe, apple is also interested in working  *with* the open
> source community and not just publish the source they use and hope that
> somebody fixes the bugs they introduce? Given the fact that OpenSC supports
> many European eID cards there is a good reason why to treat OpenSC.tokend on
> a par with PIV/CAC tokend-s, except unlike PIV is not of interest to the US
> federal buyers.

I am one of the team members [1] of the SmartCardServices project on
MacOSForge.org

I don't know yet if it is a good idea to push OpenSC inside Mac OS X.
But if the "OpenSC community" wants to do that I can help.
I think we could just upload one or more .tar.gz file and the needed
build infrastructure on smartcardservices.macosforge.org.

Once "we" have decided if we want to go this way we should ask Shawn
Geddis (from Apple and also member of the SmartCardServices project)
what he thinks about the idea.

Regards,

[1] http://smartcardservices.macosforge.org/trac/wiki/team

--