Am Montag 02 November 2009 18:02:50 schrieb Jim Rees:
> Remind me why we don't just dispense with OpenCT and incorporate the pcsc
> reader drivers directly into OpenSC.  Is there a license issue?  Are there
> people using pcsc as a separate package without OpenSC?  Are there problems
> for non-linux installs?

there are a few smart card applications that work directly on pcsc:
 * gpshell (tool for managing java cards)
 * home banking applications with hbci smart cards

also openct supports a number of tokens and readers without pcsc drivers
(or only binary only drivers for selected plattforms).

I started "usbtoken" (predecessor to openct), because I didn't want
to maintain T=1 and the whole framework code once for every driver.

if we want to get rid of openct, maybe we can find a way to
use ccid code to implement other drivers as well?
after all many openct drivers have ~20 lines of real code:
detect the device and a simpel i/o code that puts T=1 blocks
in a usb control transfer package.

Regards, Andreas