On Feb 3, 2010, at 20:31 , Crypto Stick wrote:
> according to its serial number noted in USB interface. To avoid privacy
> issues due to this behaviour we would like to replace the individual USB
> serial number of the Crypto Stick with a generic one (e.g. 0000...). I
> am wondering if this might result in any other problems especially when
> using two or more Crypto Sticks at the same time in the same computer.
>
> Do you assume any problems with a generic USB serial number especially
> when using the stick (or several sticks at the same time) with OpenSC?
USB level issues only matter to the CCID driver and not to OpenSC.
The system above PC/SC probably gets different names and even though confusion
might arise, it should not be noticeable.

I know that some readers include some serial in the reader name in latest
pcsc-lite/ccid combo, but not all.

Ludovic probably knows best.

--
Martin Paljak