Am Donnerstag 11 Februar 2010 15:27:56 schrieb Martin Paljak:
> What about EMV - we don't support EMV cards in any way and probably never
>  will in near future, do the "EMV card, but can't do anything with it"
>  information seems useful or not?

I all for it. in fact unusable driver seem to confuse users, we had
a number of mails asking for help, when there was no complete driver.
so maybe it is best to disable all drivers that are only stubs.
that would include acos5 too, for example.

> I would suggest to remove the emv driver and leave such tasks to pcsc_scan
>  instead (unlike JavaCards where we should get a tutorial on how to load
>  and personalize an applet to use with OpenSC).

btw: any idea how difficult it is to load a java applet on a javacard?

I know gpshell and other projects can do that. if it is complex, we should
point people there, but if it is easy, as sending a few APDUs with the code
as payload, then we could write a small tool for that, so people had one
less tool/dependency to worry about. not sure what is best here.

Regards, Andreas