Le dimanche 21 février 2010 à 11:26 +0200, Martin Paljak a écrit :
> It is as good as saying that Debian is dead and Gentoo is the only
> live Linux distro which is of course not true.

> Macports often has the latest and greatest kitchen sink software
> included, fink works well for those who like to type "apt-get install
> foobar". Just two different solutions.

In my last project (Kdenlive) on MacOsX, I studied the different
scenarios and came to the conclusion that Fink was better in technical
terms but that MacPorts had a real community.

=> Fink provides source and binaries in a way similar to Debian. It is a
very interesting projects. But packages lack behind. Take a look at
Gnome for example :
http://pdb.finkproject.org/pdb/package.php/gnome-desktop

I tried to compile KDE4 using Fink and was not able to do it.

=> On the converse, MacPorts has a less powerful packaging system, no
binaries, but you will find nearly all GNU/Linux packages. It has a
working community.

Anyway, I am not a Mac user, just a time-to-time developer. I am a
Debian user. So feel free to make up your own opinion. At least, I
expressed my opinion.

The real pain with MacOSX is its dual Unix tree. That's it.

Kind regards,
Jean-Michel