I'm trying to work on developing support for ACOS5 into OpenSC and
having a lot of trouble just getting off the ground.
I am guessing that many of you own ACOS5 cards that you've played with
a little bit. Are there any useful resources you've found (tutorials,
blogs, anything) to help figure out how to go from opening the box to
performing encryption? It seems like the card software includes some
Windows tools (which is fine with me if that's what it takes to get
started) and a bunch of technical documentation, but not much
practical help in how to actually use the thing.

What I'd like to be able to do is get to the point where I can take
some input text or a file on my computer and have the card encrypt it
for me. The tools are available on Windows to initialize the card
(whatever that actually means...) and administrate it, but the admin
tools seem pretty useless without some idea of what buttons to press
in what order. I have been working for a few days on trying to figure
out how to create an encryption key in the card using the Card Tool
without success.

Anyone using this card successfully in any capacity that could help me
get started? Once I understand how this thing works, I'm interested in
making it work with OpenSC, but if it currently only works on Windows,
that's fine for now.

Thanks for any help you can provide,
~Greg Mefford