Am Freitag 05 März 2010 18:34:18 schrieb Greg Mefford:
> Anyone using this card successfully in any capacity that could help me
> get started? Once I understand how this thing works, I'm interested in
> making it work with OpenSC, but if it currently only works on Windows,
> that's fine for now.

hmm, not sure about acos5. you could use some usb sniffer to debug
what some windows software does, extract the APDU commands, look
them up in the manual, and that way get a general sense of what is
going on.

or maybe first use opensc with some well known cards, create debug
log files for well known actions, and see what that apdu commands
are and how they work? then you could translate that
into commands for acos5 using their manual.

I haven't gotten to the point to work/try things with acos5 so
far, even I have some cards here.

smart cards aren't very friendly for experiements, if you e.g. lock
up a transport key (cryptoflex), system key (cardos), or do something
wrong with initializiation (acos5), the card is useless.

so I guess first step would be a small init of some acos5 card,
only create a main folder and a pin to protect it (similar to the
startkey/transport key you have with cardos/cryptoflex), and put
it into real mode - where security is enforced. other work can
then be done on top of that (create directories, more pins
etc.) - but you can always get back to that first step by
deleting everything.

cardos/cryptoflex have that out of the box with startkey/transport
key, but with acos5 you would need to setup something like that first,
I guess.

Regards, Andreas