On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 1:16 AM, Martin Paljak <mar...@paljak.pri.ee> wrote:
> On Mar 9, 2010, at 03:34 , Greg Mefford wrote:
>> Thanks for your thoughts. I have since spent some time debugging with
>> Windows as suggested and made some headway.
>> I believe I ran into some of the same non-standard problems you
>> mentioned about the file structure the Initialization Tool installs. I
>> go to do a simple thing like dump all the files on the card and the
>> PCSC driver barfs and crashes.
> What crashes, the PCSC subsystem? Or your application? Are the acos5 windows
> tools available from somewhere? (I have the card but no Windows software...)

I was trying to use the opensc-tool application to dump the files on
the card, but it hangs at a certain point where it's trying to dump a
file that is 250 bytes (I suspect it is related to the file size since
it's getting close to the maximum size of 255 from what I understand).
Looking at my error console on the Mac, I can see that it is PCSC that
is timing out and causing the application to hang.

I looked around the ACS site (http://www.acs.com.hk) and all I could
find is this SDK kit, which is what I have, and is where I got the
tools: http://www.acs.com.hk/index.php?pid=product&id=ACOS5-SDK

You may try contacting ACS if you want just the tools. I don't see why
they would make you buy the whole kit just to get the software.

>> I've started to make some progress with the ACOS5 driver, though, and
>> will try to at least get it to some basic operational state as I have
>> some more time to work on it. Since I initialized the card on Windows
>> with the clear option enabled, I believe I should be able to always
>> re-clear the card... but if it does brick the card at some point, I
>> have a stack of them, so it's alright. ;)
>
> Care to keep some notes on http://www.opensc-project.org/opensc/wiki/ACOS5
> that could help others (like me :)) jump into it?

Yes, I will try to make a point to make some notes as I go along. My
time is fairly limited, but I think it is worthwhile to document my
work for my own benefit as well as for the community.

> --
> Martin Paljak
> http://martin.paljak.pri.ee
> +3725156495