On 7/17/2010 5:16 PM, Stef Walter wrote:
> Is there a spec around for specifying to applications which PKCS#11
> modules to load and how to initialize them?
>
> I'm thinking something along the lines of PAM conf files, where you can
> specify which PAM modules different applications load.
>
> We're working hard on PKCS#11 support in GNOME, and rather than coming
> up with something like this on our own, perhaps someone has already
> given this some thought?

Main problem with pure PKCS#11 is an applicaiton loads only one
pkcs11 lib. NSS can load multiple pkcs11 libs, Google for NSS PKCS#11

Then there is the Solaris PKCS#11 Cryptographic Framework library.
 From the man page:

     " The libpkcs11  library  implements  the  RSA  Security  Inc.
      PKCS#11  Cryptographic  Token  Interface  (Cryptoki),  v2.20
      specification by using plug-ins to provide the slots.

      Each plug-in,  which  also  implements  RSA  PKCS#11  v2.20,
      represents one or more slots."

http://docs.sun.com/source/817-6972-10/5_pkcs11_int.html

I presume you are involved with:
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeKeyring/ToDo