On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 17:52, Andre Zepezauer
<andre.zepeza...@student.uni-halle.de> wrote:

[about improving SELECT FILE in iso7816.c]

> It would be nice, if the driver could be configured in a way to support
> such a scenario. The bits responsible for card detection should be
> placed in a function not part of the driver.

FWIW, just to get one more data point, I have experimented this with
the two payments card I have. Both are EMV cards and have 31:c0 in
their historical bytes, meaning (according to the humble summaries of
7816-4 that Google finds for me) they will only support application
selection by full or partial name.

In fact, P1==04h is the only value that works for me with them; with
the current trunk you can use "info aid:xx:yy:zz..." to get some
information.

The info isn't exceedingly useful yet; the next steps are interpreting
the file type correctly and adding the capability to issue file
commands to that file by SFI. (It's in place in the API, e.g. through
the "flags" argument of sc_read_record(), but not in opensc-explorer.)

Bye,

--
Emanuele