Hello,

Andre Zepezauer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> attached is a patch which makes it possible to explicitly request
> specific algorithms for the cryptographic operations. The advantage is,
> that if the token provides sufficient information about itself, then the
> driver is not required to do any guess work. Which in turn could result
> in a more reliable operation of libopensc. Furthermore there could be
> positive effects in terms of compatibility with tokens not initialised
> by opensc.
>
> My recommendation is to test/improve this patch in an experimental
> branch or something like that. The reason for this is, that
> ALG_REF_PRESENT is not in use since revision 177 and I assume a lot of
> drivers to misbehave or crash at first.

Few remarks about your patch.

Private key can be used with more than one algorithm.
So, IMHO, in the 'sc_pkcs15_prkey_info' it's better to have some array with
the references to the crypto algorithms supported by PKCS#15 card (and
defined in tokenInfo).

The same concerns security environment (SE) -- the number of algorithms
can be defined in one SE.

> Regards,
> Andre

Kind wishes,