Hello all,

what do you think of dropping the possibility to initialise CardOS smart
cards in 0.11.14? The reason of doing so, is to stop the production of
more of these questionable split-key cards.

People who want to initialise CardOS are then forced to do this with
either 0.11.13 or 0.12.X. Hopefully they chose the newer release,
because it comes with an improved initialisation for CardOS. No more
split-keys here! Cards initialised with 0.12.0 should work with the
0.11.X releases too. Verification of this fact is required of cause.

Another fact is that for example Ubuntu 10.04 and Debian Squeeze will
stay with the 0.11.X branches for at least the next three years. The
same holds for other distributions with a long release cycle (RHEL has
seven years of support I think). The imagination that someone could
easily produce new split-key cards for the next few years isn't very
appealing to me.

Too much numbers and bad wording, I know. But what do you think of it?
If this could be feasible?

Regards
Andre