Hello,
On Sep 21, 2010, at 10:14 AM, Jean-Michel Pouré - GOOZE wrote:
> Le mardi 21 septembre 2010 à 07:50 +0200, Peter Stuge a écrit :
>>
>> Short slogans are better. I suggest simply "Protect your privates"
>
> As we are focusing on consolidation, I would suggest:
> "Crypto consolidation conference".
It is not a  a conference, it is a developers meeting. While the goal of
consolidation is honorable
and approaches like Fedora "NSS-ify everything" OK for a distribution, I would
not dare to promote
it as a generic approach to all the FOSS world.

Software evolves and evolution needs breeding-pollination. So interoperability,
compatibility and integration are IMHO more
important and more healthy for the community than orchestrated migration to X.

I would not want to force project X to move from OpenSSL to NSS, if OpenSSL
based applications can be made to support smart cards via PKCS#11 easily.

> I would suggest:
> Day 1 : Crypto consolidation conference
> Day 2 : Hacking session, code sprint and training.
I doubt there would be enough to do and enough energy left for two days. FOSDEM
will have tons of other interesting stuff happening.
One day is more than enough, if something good happens from day one, I'm sure
it will be figured out how to extend that goodness the second day or afterwards
over the internet.

> * Software store should rely on hardware crypto. Gnome-Keyring actually
> relies on password to protect software stores. It should at least rely
> on certificates to be able to crypt software stores.
Why?

> * A software store should be able to keep any information, even large
> files. This seems quite straightforward, but i am not aware of a
> software store which handles large files. For example, I would like to
> keep my company accounting. How do I do that in GNU/Linux? The only way
> is to crypt a partition and this is not easy.
I would suggest to buy an Ironkey if encrypting filesystems is too complicated.

--
@MartinPaljak.net
+3725156495