Le dimanche 19 septembre 2010 à 13:09 +0300, Martin Paljak a écrit :
> The number of projects that could be interested in this devroom theme
> could be as long as ... how many software do you know that supports
> specifying a "KeyFile ....; CertificateFile...;" stanza in their
> configuration files? Hardware like smart cards is often neglected by
> OSS developers, because "traditionally" it belongs to the
> "government/military/healthcare/corporate" world that has little to do
> with "true" open source. To "fix" this, collaboration as well as
> education and PR is necessary. Not everything    fits into a devroom.

Dear Martin,

Thanks for your guidance, I really agree with your point of view.

I started building a list of related projects, with a list of underlying
frameworks and libraries. This is really a mess.

There seems to be these kinds of projects:
* Frameworks and libraries
* CA and PKI management
* Applications, network and VPNs
* Public directories, proxies and Online CAs

I may be able to present a picture of 20 projects and underlying crypto
solutions in 15 minutes. This could be a short and non-technical
presentation.

Some features are hardly undocumented. For example, it seems possible to
configure Firefox, evolution and subversion to use Gnomekeyring [1]. I
was aware for evolution, but not firefox and subversion.

If nss and Gnomekeyring can interact together, we only need a nice and
complete GUI like Seahorse [2] and we have a nice solution.

[1] http://live.gnome.org/GnomeKeyring/ApplicationSetup
[2] http://projects.gnome.org/seahorse/

A conference would really be useful to gather developers and ideas and
work in the same direction.