Hello,

On Sat, 2010-10-23 at 16:13 +0100, Mr Dash Four wrote:

> >> Then I think it would be a better idea to make a p11 provider
> >> directly on top of libccid.
> >>

> > That may work. But Mr Dash Four wrote he also need OpenCT.
> > Since he do not give the list of readers he wants to use I can't really
> > help.
> >
> I have just tried to 'force' openct/pcscd to work with the (minimum)
> available list of packages and quickly realised that this is completely
> futile!
>
> The pcscd daemon simply refuses to work if either HAL or D-Bus is not
> installed and running.

why do you want to use pcscd altogether? AFAIK the Aladdin eToken 64k
are based on CardOS. That means, you can access them with the pkcs11
library provided by OpenSC. That library is called opensc-pkcs11.so and
it is able to interface with OpenCT directly [1]. To get this to work,
you have to compile OpenSC with explicit support for OpenCT. For
example:

./configure --disable-pcsc --enable-openct --disable-openssl --disable-zlib

Execute the following commands to get OpenCT started and to test, if it
was properly installed:

#/etc/init.d/pcscd stop
#/usr/sbin/openct-control init
$/usr/sbin/openct-control status
No.   Name                         Info
  0   CCID Compatible              slot0: card present
$/usr/bin/openct-tool atr
Detected CCID Compatible
Card present, status changed
ATR: 3b f2 18 00 02 c1 0a 31 fe 58 c8 08 74
$/usr/bin/pkcs11-tool -L
Available slots:
Slot 0 (0x1): CCID Compatible
  token label:   Andre Zepezauer (PIN)
  token manuf:   Siemens AG (C)
  token model:   PKCS#15
  token flags:   login required, PIN initialized, token initialized
  serial num  :  7BFF5671900A2910
Slot 1 (0x2): CCID Compatible
  token label:   Andre Zepezauer (Secondary Authe
  token manuf:   Siemens AG (C)
  token model:   PKCS#15
  token flags:   login required, PIN initialized, token initialized
  serial num  :  7BFF5671900A2910

[1] http://www.opensc-project.org/openct/wiki/OverView

Kind Regards
Andre Zepezauer