On Jan 4, 2011, at 7:15 PM, Andreas Jellinghaus wrote:

> Am Montag 03 Januar 2011, um 23:59:47 schrieb Peter Stuge:
>>> opensc-devel mailing list
>>> opensc-devel@lists.opensc-project.org
>>
>> I would appreciate if we could change the canonical email address of
>> the list to be *without* the lists. name. Possible?
>
> but it is much easier to direkt all emails to @lists.opensc-project.org
> to mailman. the alternative would be to write a long list of all those
> to mailman. been there, done that, much more work on the admin side.
>
> we could remove the old aliases @opensc-project.org so they finaly die.
> no idea why people still use them, guess old contacts in their email apps.

I for one use the @opensc-project.org by default. Because it is shorter. And
because it is the default suggested by my mail clients...

Taking into account that there are only 4 mailing lists
(user,devel,commits,announce) it is not that much work. IMHO It could be even
less (devel, commits, announce).
But I agree that from admin POV the lists.* is better (allows to move lists to
another host for example, if needed)

--
@MartinPaljak.net
+3725156495