On Fri, 2011-01-14 at 10:20 +0100, Viktor TARASOV wrote:
> Hello Andre,
>
> On 14.01.2011 04:24, Andre Zepezauer wrote:
> > please have a look at PKCS#15 "6.8.2 Pin objects" for the definition of
> > local and global PIN objects. There is no mention of storage location.
> There is mention of 'path'.
> The difference between 'global' and 'local' is that the first one can be
> verified from any location on the card,
> the second one is 'visible' only from somewhere under the DF (or application)
> where it's defined.
>
> So, we need (or, if you like, it's useful) to have 'path' defined for the
> local PINs, to be able to select it's path before verification.

>From PKCS#15 6.8.2 Pin objects:
 "PinAttributes.path: Path to the DF in which the PIN resides. The path shall
be selected
  by a host application before doing a PIN operation, in order to enable a
suitable
  authentication context for the PIN operation. If not present, a card-holder
verification
  must always be possible to perform without a prior `SELECT' operation."

Regards
Andre