Hello,

On Jan 20, 2011, at 11:28 AM, francois.lebl...@cev-sa.com wrote:
> "Douglas E. Engert" <deeng...@anl.gov> a écrit sur 20/01/2011 00:46:51 :
>
> It's close to the first release I've develop see the start
>
> http://www.opensc-project.org/pipermail/opensc-devel/2009-October/012610.html
>
> but Martin at this time was not hot to introduce such extra configuration
> on
Sorry, I don't know what "extra configuration" you are talking about..

> context params structure. Martin provide another links to patch
> introducing
>
> solution using key register...

I provided a link to an alternative solution (using environment variables and
proper modifications for PC/SC driver to behave accordingly, not copying of the
code) with the hope of encouraging you to investigate your solution and think
about possible alternative approaches.

Using registry to pass function parameters is weird to say the least,
maintaining copypaste code (like the cardmod driver) instead of creating proper
conditional behavior (in the PC/SC driver, which it is by nature)  is a bad
luck wish for developers and maintainers.

Yes, using context creation parameters is the solution that I had in mind,
which fits into OpenSC as needed.

> If I introduce key register to limit witch programs can use cardmod is not
>
> a mistake but a functionnality, saying that it's not correct it's a
> nonsense
>
> after we can discuss about the utility of such functionnality...
>

> Concerning the patch,
>
> you provide adresses of pcsc context and handle in the structure
> VENDOR_SPECIFIC
>
> module opensc-cardmod32.dll to pcsc reader in module libopensc.dll, I'm
> not sure
>
> that such adresses can be provided betwen dll???

 They are both LONG-s, why couldn't they be passed between DLL-s?

--
@MartinPaljak.net
+3725156495