Le 29/05/2011 01:13, Martin Paljak a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> On May 28, 2011, at 22:47 , Viktor Tarasov wrote:
>
>> Le 28/05/2011 22:26, Martin Paljak a écrit :

>>> Why?
>> It's a question of using of the different versions of opensc on the same
>> platform.
> For standard distribution (AKA the OpenSC WindowsInstaller) there should not
> be such option. It is the same on Linux or OS X: only one instance (version)
> of a package can be installed.
>
>> I have a xulrunner application that uses the old modified version of
>> opensc.dll and that needs to be used with the actual OpenSC PKCS#11 module .
>> Static linking will allow the peaceful cohabitation.
> I would suggest statically compiling the custom version and using it however
> you find necessary or combining

It's not actually possible.

> Adding a separate build step to the default makefiles for *building* static
> binaries in parallel with current ones would be nice and OK.
Ok.

> But the MSI script of the installer should be tailored for "most appropriate
> delivery method for 80% use cases/users" where the current dependency on a
> central libopensc.dll seems justified to me at least.

Afaiu, for the customer of PKCS#11 module there is no (beside the size)
difference if this module is static or not .
The other dependent libraries are actually statically linked -- OpenSSL, zlib,

But it's not so important -- the second static version of PKCS#11 module
included into MSI will be sufficient.

> Cheers,
> Martin

Kind wishes,