Hello,
On Jun 7, 2011, at 19:15 , Viktor Tarasov wrote:

>> Seems reasonable. Will see how it affects the size of the installer.
>

> The difference in size will be around 1M (both pkcs#11 and minidriver are
> static) .
Hmm... Given that the current installer weights around 1.8M, adding another
megabyte would be a lot (is this the raw file size or an compressed installer?).

I would still suggest trying to make sure that the internal application is
isolated from the public OpenSC installer.

>> I still believe that OpenSC installer should try to follow what is the most
>> optimal solution for the "normal user" of OpenSC and any internal
>> developments adjust to that.
>> Taking the Spanish example, the opposite has caused more problems in the
>> long run than solve them...
>
> What's happened with the Spanish card?

It went something like this:
 - Some company/organization in Spain takes OpenSC, hack their driver, publish
the result (no source)
 - Juan Antonio notices the problem, creates the loadable card driver support
(correct me if I remember it wrong), so that they could have their "private
blob" but still use OpenSC as the license dictates.
 - doesn't matter, the "private blob" still consists heaps of OpenSC code
 - another similar card in Spain follows the same road
 - the police issued eID, DNIe gets a legal driver (LGPL-wise), this is the
OpenDNIe and what needs to be merged in the nearest future.

Thus the conclusion, that cooperative attitude with commercial (or government)
entities and commercial interests is essential for the success of the project
BUT the process should be bi-directional, the other parties should also take
into account the bigger community.

If it is an internal installation then what about an internal alternative
installer? Just trying to figure out the different available options to fulfill
as many different requirements as possible.

Cheers,
Martin
--
@MartinPaljak.net