On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 7:25 PM, Frank Cusack <fr...@linetwo.net> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 2:27 AM, Viktor Tarasov
> <viktor.tara...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

>> On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 9:52 AM, Frank Cusack <fr...@linetwo.net> wrote:

>>> You're missing the point.  Of course the caller can know if the key was
>>> really generated on card, but the CA cannot know that.
>>>

>> Secure messaging can be established in asymmetric mode, using the CA
>> certificate trusted by card.
>>

> I don't think that's enough?  It doesn't matter if the card trusts the CA,
> it's that the CA has to trust the card.

Difficult to do more with the common cards.
Possible solution could be organisational :
- OpCA dedicated only for mutual authentication between the cards and
enrollment/other entities;
- OpCA certificate is not widely published and is only known by the upper
actors. (like symmetric keys for symmetric SM.)