Le 16/02/2012 22:53, Douglas E. Engert a écrit :

> On 2/15/2012 5:39 AM, Jean-Michel Pouré - GOOZE wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I just got in contact with Stef Walter, who is integrating libp11-glue
>> into Gnome and Gnome keyring.
>>
>> He outlines that libp11-glue needs this patch:
>> PKCS#11 module shouldn't fail if mlock doesn't work
>> http://www.opensc-project.org/opensc/ticket/389
>>
>> This patch and other waiting patches raise the question of OpenSC
>> guidance and the need to have more commiters to OpenSC main GIT.
>>
>> Martin, would you agree to add Viktor as a major OpenSC GIT member with
>> power to apply patches to main GIT trunk? I don't want to be paranoid,
>> but we need a more flexible approach rather than just Martin and Ludovic
>> applying and reviewing patches.
>>
>> We discussed that at FOSDEM in a small audience, but I would like to
>> discuss that issue in public and have your own opinion. Who would like
>> OpenSC GITHUB to be REALLY in control of the community? Martin and
>> Ludovic, could you agree to open your group to other members of the
>> community?
> The question is not so much who is on the commiter list, but do commits
> get made when needed, and who decides a commit is ready and should be made.
>
> There are minor fixes, like 389 that is 4 months old with an additional
> fix 2 months ago, and looks like it needs to be made, as well as major
> changes such as the SM, ePass2003, and the ECDH modifications.
>
> Personally, I am quite interested in getting the ECDH in to the next
> release with or without the SM code and am willing to rebase the
> modifications as needed.  I believe the ECDH has been ready for months.
>
> Viktor pulled the ECDH modifications into his SM on October 4, 2011 and
> he also pulled in the ePass2003 on January 29.
>
> The way forward is not necessarily more commiters, but a plan
> for the next release and some action.

As I understand the current policy, the patch acceptance policy is resumed in:
- fixes for crying bugs go to 'master';
- little fixes, evident limited patch goes to 'staged';
- more consequent proposals pass to Gerrit and here waits for approval to be
applied to 'staged'.

Current problem is that the process is stagnated on the Gerrit level.
For some obscure reasons Martin do not participates in Gerrit review/acceptance
procedures, as well as Ludovic.
Nobody else have sufficient authority to do it.

Martin has pushed to Gerrit part of SM branch. What are the intentions for the
rests?
What about next release? What should be included into?
How can be tested the compatibility of different proposals?

Personally I do not look for additional rights,
as Douglas, I'm interested in some action and ready to help to move the things
forward.
And so, would like to have this possibility.

Also Jenkins is dead for some time already.
What shall we do?
Wait? Mount temporary service of limited volume -- at least for OpenSC/'staged'
and few other branches ?