On 3/23/2012 2:59 PM, Martin Paljak wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 16:46, Douglas E. Engert<deeng...@anl.gov>  wrote:
>> It does not define a load key or any finalize
>> commands which would be needed by a production card management system.

Martin, You really are catching up on your mail!

> I don't know about PIV internals, but maybe the "finalize" step is
> automatic or not needed at all (meaning that key re-generation is
> allowed, assuming you want to live without certificates or something
> similar)

That may be true. The PIV specs leave the card initialization commands up
to the vendor, and the intent of the OpenSC PIV driver was to provide user
access to the card which is standardized. Thus I have not dealt with card
initialization, accept to produce cards for testing.

--

  Douglas E. Engert  <deeng...@anl.gov>
  Argonne National Laboratory