On 2/27/2012 1:54 PM, Andreas Kroehnert wrote:
> Hi Anthony,
>
> I think its more beneficial to respond to this list, rather than just your
> comment you left on the blog.
>
> The little OpenCT patch I've done was originally done for the "standard" ikey
> 4000 (04b9:1206). But should also work for the "non-standard" one
> (04b9:1400). I am not sure what to order at SafeNet to get the 1400 one,
> could be the old CIP initialised, kinda old-school version, but I am not
> sure. However all 4k tokens I've collected over the years, even the latest,
> come with a PID of 1206. (Which actually should be an ikey 2k series PID. To
> mess it up even more SafeNet now renamed/rebranded the ikey 4000 to eToken
> 5000)
>
> Back to topic: In general its claimed that regardless of the PID, the
> ikey4000 / SC400 is a CCID compliant device, but I never got it to work using
> libccid.
>
> While developing the first attempt of the patch I was confused why the ATR
> from the card contains a trailing byte before it continues with 0x3B... Might
> be that this is messing up the CCID compatibility. For the moment I've just
> chopped that first byte off and the card mostly responds as expected.
>
> It's also said that once the ATR has been sent the card shall behave
> according to PIV for most commands. I wasn't able to confirm that either as
> of now.

PIV? Really?  If so it should respond to the NIST 800-73 part 2
SELECT Card Command with the AID of the PIV application.
You can try this opensc-tool command to see if it responds
with a PIV application on the device:

opensc-tool -s 00:A4:04:00:09:A0:00:00:03:08:00:00:10:00:00

What does it return?

If their goal is to have this device as a PIV and usable on Windows,
I would expect to be CCID as well.

> So far I got some new commercial assignments, so I didn't have a chance to
> continue with the development. The next stage (as said in the blog) is to get
> OpenSC patched to support the card.
>
> I am happy to provide the code I've done so far, unfortunately I've done it
> on a VM that is now on a crashed RAID, which I switched off to wait for
> replacement disks before I make any recovery attempts. Which should hopefully
> in the next few days.
>
> Kind Regards
> Andreas

  Douglas E. Engert  <deeng...@anl.gov>