On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 1:41 AM, Viktor Tarasov
<viktor.tara...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Le 12/01/2012 15:00, LinuxChuck a écrit :
>> Are there any event logs or debug logs I should try to gather to determine
>> the cause of this error?
>
> Look for the file c:\tmp\md.log . This path is hard encoded into the MSI that
> I've sent you.
> Set also the debug settings in opensc.conf -- "debug = 8;" and  "debug_file =
> c:\...;".
>
>> Thanks
>
> Kind regards,
> Viktor.

Just as a quick update/closure to this thread:

I have successfully validated domain logon, outlook 2007/2010
signing/encryption through Viktor's 2012-03-30 nightly release of the
secure-messaging branch when using CardOS 4.4 on Windows 7 (X64 and
32-bit).  The cards are initialized on my Ubuntu (11.x and 10.x)
systems, and work equally well there with similar applications.

With the newer releases, there is no need for specific ATR entries in
the opensc.conf file anymore, the version is properly identified and
works as-is.  The only thing I had to do outside of a complete Opensc
MSI install on the windows system was create the appropriate registry
entries, and everything else went as smooth as glass.

Viktor, thank you so much for all the work you've put into this
branch, and for tolerating my continuous prodding.  :-)  I truly
appreciate what you are doing.  If there is any test data, log data,
or configuration testing I can help with using my existing systems,
please feel free to contact me.