Le 25/05/2012 18:09, Douglas E. Engert a écrit :

> On 5/25/2012 6:04 AM, Martin Paljak wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 5:31 PM, Douglas E. Engert<deeng...@anl.gov>  wrote:
>>> The SM branch has pulled in many other changes (including
>>> my C_Derive changes) that I would like to see in the next release.
>>> If the SM branch is not going to be the bases for the next release,
>>> then we need to look at what change in the SM branch can be pulled in
>>> to the release.
>>>
>>> Martin, I would like to hear your comments.
>> Obviously Viktor and others have had way more time in their hands to
>> work on OpenSC than me :)
>>
>> Also obvious is that the most active branch is supposed to be merged
>> as the basis for next release, which was more or less the idea of Git
>> in the first place.
>>
>> As the recovery option, the sync problem between Gerrit and github
>> needs to be cleared. Too much integration is probably not a good idea,
>> two-way syncing between github pull request and Gerrit has brought no
>> obvious benefits...
>>
>> The most straightforward approach would probably be forcing the github
>> tree into opensc-project.org and clearing Gerrit...

Before, I propose to gather into the github staging all pending proposals.
After use this branch as the base for the next release:
test this branch as far as possible, firstly using the automated packaging and
tests,
then extended manual tests with number of cards.

For the future use the github OpenSC as the main repository for development and
packaging.
Connected to CI service, GitHub gives similar possibilities to analyze and
validate proposals
as Gerrit do. (I do not yet tried to connect github pull request to Jenkins,
but I think it's possible.)

By the way, Martin,
will it be possible to add to the github OpenSC/OpenSC the web-hook with URL of
my jenkins service?
I need it for the 'staging' of OpenSC/OpenSC,
where I would like to use trigger by commit and also to try the build of pull
requests.

>> Martin
> Sounds reasonable, but how do we avoid these types of problems in the future?
> No two-way syncing, with Gerrit or GitHub as the master?

Kind regards,
Viktor.